Voices of the Parents
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for social work students and professionals
About this Workshop
- It is part of our Pregnancy to Parenthood Project.
- It raises awareness of what it means to be a parent with a learning disability.
- It highlights the difficulties parents with a learning disability face.
- It explores the ways professionals can work with people who have a learning disability to make a real difference.
- It was developed and informed by advocates who have used real life stories and experiences of parents they have worked alongside and supported.
Testimonials from Attendees
“Very powerful and useful presentation, the personal touch of hearing real stories was very effective. Will stay with me”