Click the titles below to read more:
Remembering CASBA in your will
What does CASBA do?
What will be the impact of your gift?
Increased employment of people with a Learning Disability.
Currently, only 6% of citizens with a Learning Disability are in paid employment. We know how capable many of them are through seeing them getting involved in decision-making, running events, delivering training, and supporting their peers. By adding a gift in your will, you can help us to change perceptions among local employers and help our citizens find opportunities.
Without our advocates’ support, our citizens rights are in danger.
This is Rosie’s story.
Your gift will help women like Rosie assert their rights to be parents.
A social worker almost persuaded Rosie to sign papers that she couldn’t read just after giving birth to her baby. Fortunately, our advocate told her what her rights were before this happened and she took control.
This is Sarah’s story.
Your gift will help families like Sarah’s to fight for their rights to the correct support.
Her daughter was being bullied in primary school and started self-harming. Sarah could not understand the paperwork to get educational support. With our help, she managed to get her daughter a place at a special school where she is thriving.
Responding when the unforeseen happens! COVID-19
Beyond our planned projects, we were able to respond quickly when the COVID-19 pandemic shut down many services in March 2020. Between our staff and volunteers we:
- Made over 400 phone calls to ensure that our citizens were safe, and their needs were being met.
- We provided support through video calls, WhatsApp groups and our Facebook page.
- We delivered food parcels, medication, and Easy Read information about the rules.
- We provided ways to help stave off the boredom, such as DVDs, colouring sheets, and jigsaws, as well as running online bingo sessions.
Not having our peer support groups running in person was a huge loss over the last year. As one of our participants explained:
“It was the one time in the week when I could just be myself and talk to other people who experience the same things as me!”
CASBA’s promise to you
- We understand that your loved ones will always come first.
- We will never put you under any pressure – it’s your decision to make in your own time.
- If you choose to add CASBA to your will, we will use your future gift carefully, so it achieves the greatest.
- impact for the families and citizens we work with.
- You can change your mind at any time.
How can you add a gift to CASBA in your will?
St Laurence Pastoral Centre
173 Church Road
Charity registration number: 701365
Should have any queries about adding a gift to your will, would like to know more about the impact your gift could have or share that you have included CASBA in your will, please do get in touch with Joe Peacock, our Fundraising and Communications Officer.
Phone: 07783 031181